1. to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth.
2. to cherish, foster, keep alive, etc.
3. to strengthen, build up, or promote
1. to feed and protect
2. to support and encourage, as during the period of training or development; foster
3. to bring up; train; educate
Whole Mothering Center strives toward the building of a sustainable peer support community and a large part of that is a focus on self-care. This retreat is centered around self-care, building intentional thought patterns, and learning routines to nurture your body and mind, including:
– a physical “letting go” of specific stresses and anxieties that would impede your progress during the retreat
– learning routines that can be used as tools to refocus thoughts and retrain your brain to change negative thought patterns
– a facilitated conversation, “Building Intentional Thought Patterns”, with Heather Fountain Thomas, WMC Doula, about the REAL feelings of motherhood and how to deal with them in a way that improves your mental health
– TWO opportunities for a sunrise yoga practice with Chandra Prenatal Yoga by yogi extraordinaire Leia Wootan Koehler
– an introduction to C.O.R.E. journaling, with Amy Loupe Jones, WMC Doula, including select readings of personal “stream-of-consciousness” journals from WMC community members currently using C.O.R.E. journaling
– An introduction to Yoga Nidra, a systematic method of inducing complete physical, mental and emotional relaxation, with Leia Wootan Koehler
– Affirmation Card project, including an introduction to calligraphy practice and supplies to take home with you, with Yvette Michelle Griffith of Yvette Michelle Portraits
– A community-building closing ceremony that will leave you yearning to join us each year at our annual beach retreats
Throughout the weekend, you’ll enjoy fresh, nourishing food and drink (including recipe cards so you can replicate them at home) designed to enrich your body and mind. Anna Hoffpauir Sites and Leia Wootan Koehler will be on hand to chat about nourishing food and drink and answer questions.
Retreat Pricing is as follows:
– Early Bird Registration (paid in full by March 31, 2016), $245
– Regular Registration, $285
DAY PASSES: We know some of our moms won’t be able to spend the whole weekend away, so we’re offering Day Passes!
Day Passes are from 9AM – 4PM on Saturday (only), which will allow you access to the cabin, beach and most of Saturday’s activities. Day Passes also include lunch!
– $99 (must be paid in full with your registration)
Payment plans are STILL available for the full weekend with a $100 non-refundable deposit! Please register via the link below, and contact Amy Loupe Jones or Heather Fountain Thomas to make payment arrangements. This event WILL sell out quickly and there is very limited availability, so reserve your spot soon!
***Please note: this is a child-free retreat. Caregivers and partners are welcome to find lodging close to our retreat location and bring nursing children to you throughout the duration of the retreat for quick snacks, but to maintain an environment that fosters self-care and the deep rest that we require as mothers, please make other arrangments for your childrens’ care.***