Your placenta is an amazing organ that has fed and nurtured your baby for the almost ten months that (s)he has spent in your belly. Fortunately, those health-giving properties don’t have to end at birth. Most mammals consume their placentas and many other cultures in the world recognize the healing powers of placenta. In China, placental medicine is called Zi He Che. The placenta is full of Qi (life force) and aids in the recovery from childbirth, restoring lost hormones, preventing mood swings and promoting healing. Studies show that placenta is extremely nutrient rich and high in iron, protein, vitamins and minerals including vitamin B6 and plenty of natural hormones. It is perfectly made for you, by you. Your placenta, if properly stored and prepared, retains hormones and nutrients after the birth of your baby.
Reintroducing those substances into your body after your baby’s birth may be beneficial to your recovery in the following ways:
- Prolactin: promotes lactation
- Oxytocin: for pain and bonding; also known as the “love” hormone
- Interferon: stimulates the immune system to protect against infection
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: boosts energy and helps recover from stressful events
- Cortisone: combats stress and unlocks stores of energy
- Hemoglobin: replenishes iron deficiency and anemia
- Gammaglobulin: immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections
- Urokinase Inhibiting Factor & Factor XIII: stops bleeding and enhances wound healing
In addition to the benefits naturally inherent in your placenta, we offer a supplemental herbal blend for a nominal fee with encapsulation that helps to naturally boost your milk production, balance your mood and tone your uterus which includes anise seed, fennel, coriander, red raspberry leaf, fenugreek, nettle and other herbs. This herbal blend boosts the benefits of your placenta capsules and also allows for an increased number of pills. Most of our placenta encapsulation clients choose to add the herbs to their placenta encapsulation and are pleased with the results!
WMC is pleased to offer placenta encapsulation services with a 3 day turnaround time from the time that we take possession of your placenta after your birth. You can expect 100-125 pills from your placenta and approximately 100 additional pills with the added herbal blend. To make plans for your placenta to be encapsulated by a WMC placenta encapsulation professional, contact us.