Bone closing is a traditional part of postpartum care in many cultures. It is a ceremony intended to honor the mother, bring an end to the pregnancy cycle, honor the return to self and facilitate recovery from childbirth.
The closing spoken of refers to the gentle wrapping of the head, the ribs and midsection, the pelvic area, the thighs, and lower extremities using special cloths.
Bone closing supports the return of the uterus and bones back into place. Afterwards, the mother is kept warm, encouraged to rest and given space to process her experience.
Designed to bring a close to the childbearing year or to bring closure to any other fertility-related events, this 90 minute service consists of a custom ceremony designed around the needs of each client.
The basic ceremony includes:
- Consultation appointment to plan your ceremony including a time for processing fertility-related concerns and obtaining referrals to local providers if needed
- Aromatherapy during your 90-minute session
- Light-touch massage during your 90-minute session
- Bone closing with traditional cloths during your 90-minute session
- Light snacks and a beverage
- A keepsake to bring home with you as a remembrance of your experience
Additional options (at an additional cost) include:
- Inviting 3-5 close friends or relatives to share in your bone closing (custom invitations included)
- Herbal bath for mother and baby
- Warm wrapping
- Guided meditation
- Documentary photography (for your personal use)
- Other options according to preferences (please feel free ask us to taylor this service to your preferences)
The Postpartum Bone Closing is designed for women who want closure for fertility-related events including pregnancy, pregnancy loss, birth, abortion, perimenopause or menopause, a return to actively trying to achieve pregnancy after a period of avoiding pregnancy, a return to an avoidance of pregnancy after a pregnancy experience including birth or loss of any type or any other fertility-related experiences.
For more information, please contact us.